A school website enables you to share all of your achievements and hard work with parents, governors, pupils and teachers, 24 hours a day 365 days a year. A good school website with the correct quality content is like having an extra staff member on hand to answer questions that any prospective parents or the community as a whole would like answering. Freeing up valuable staff resource.
But most websites are difficult to update and require a working knowledge of ICT – Not ours! We use a content management system which allows all members of staff to easily update your school website with recent information on the curriculum, newsletters, staff information or any number of pages from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection.
We can also help you to design a website that you and your school can be proud of. A site that represents the vision, mission and ethos of the school, and provides the best impression to prospective parents and inspectors alike.
Our websites are easy to use too as we pay particular attention when we design your school website to usability and user experience. Why not talk to us about our easily updatable websites which allow you and your staff to get on with more teaching and spend a lot less time updating your website.
Below is a typical number of pages which you may like to have on your new school website. Some may not be appropriate right now – but others may be there which would be useful to your staff, parents and pupils which you hadn’t thought of in the past. If there are pages you’d like which aren’t in this list, do not worry. We will piece together all of your requirements during our early consultations.
- Home Page – School logo, Head’s opening statement, Welcome Message. Display any awards the school have been recognised for achieving
- School Mission – Mission, Vision, Philosophy
- School Newsletters – Weekly, Monthly or Termly newsletters
- School Awards – Showing names of pupils who have achieved good discipline, academic or sporting acheivement
- Latest News – Recent events, Up coming events, School and Community Issues, What’s been going on in school
- Calendar – Meetings, school events and term dates
- Parents Association – Who are they and what is their role within school
- Subjects – Information on each subject area of the national curriculum
- Policies – Containing downloadable information on the various policies you have in school including welfare Child protection & Bullying
- Teachers/Staff – Who’s who – profiles and pictures Teaching and non-teaching staff
- Vacancies – Information about recent job vacancies within school
- Prospectus – Prospectus and detailed information for parents
- Admissions – Info School admissions information for prospective parents
- Community – School in the Community/History of the area
- Directions – Map of the locality and how to find school
- Class Pages – Containing information on topics each class is studying, revision guides, homework etc
- Useful Links – Useful school links for pupils to help with homework or useful links for parents such as Ofsted or Parentview etc
- Governors Section – Who’s Who, the governors role within school
- Work Showcase – A chance to display the good work done in school
- Teacher section – A private password protected area for staff where they can share Important documents
- Contact information – School contact details, email address, contact phone numbers, mailing address Contact us for more information on how we could help you to create an impressive and effective web presence for your school!
If you would like any help setting up your school website, or need a re-vamp on your existing one, please give us a call on 0121 445 6491 where we will be able to answer any questions you may have or contact us